Re: [Amps] Source of Mica Caps?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source of Mica Caps?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 22:21:47 -0400
On 7/14/2013 4:07 PM, Mark Bitterlich wrote:
** I suspect most on this forum prefer simple and legal power, not
some freak show ego trip.

Carl
KM1H

I'm not so sure honestly.

If a 3CX10000B7 amp happened to turn up wired up and ready to go, they

<snip>

I can honestly say that I've never contemplated one on that scale. Now maybe 40 amps, but not 100<:-))and nothing that would take that much drive. But those are only dreams.

Like winning the 2 million dollar house, I'd take the cash and build or buy one that is more practical and fits my tastes.

I'd much prefer a 3CX3000 or 4CX3000, or a pair of 8877s.

73

Roger (K8RI)

I enjoy your postings.

73,