Re: [Amps] Power output drop

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power output drop
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:50:02 -0700
Yes, if it's the caps then retuning would bring it back up.

I looked at the pix on your website and I see you have a bunch of 0.01 discs in parallel in series with the input. There is probably some heat being generated there, since a lot of current flows. A 0.1 uf transmitting mica would be better. Of course the value isn't critical, so that might not be the problem.

Regarding your comment about the Shurite meters bouncing: a simple solution is to just put a capacitor across them to damp them out. I used such meters in one of my first HB transmitters back in 1957!