Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L question

To: gudguyham@aol.com, ka4inm@gmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L question
From: Louis Parascondola <gudguyham@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:55:57 -0400 (EDT)
I meant to qualify my statement that using an inferior switch for the job is a
bad idea as we can now see.  I've changed switches in Clippertons that were
arcing a few times before they broke down bad enough to blow fuses.  Swan and
Dentron in the 2000L used 12v relays to switch secondary HV and eventually the
contacts pit badly.  Just about the only company that did a similar switching
arraignment  that did it with proper equipment was Henry amps.