[Amps] AFCI technology - was directr ectification

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] AFCI technology - was directr ectification
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:59:02 +0200
> If you want "sensitive" try the newest breaker technology - mandated in
  many places AFCI.<

How do they perform with RF around? I have a 100mA RCD that trips if I use the
dipole and 400 watts on 80m, and I had one breaker that with just a 1 foot
length of wire connected to one terminal, would trip with 75 watts to the
vertical antenna 70 feet away on 160!

A letter to the manufacturer produced absolutely no response. My suspicion is
that my problem ones would fail any EMC testing, but getting the manufacturer
to be forced to something about it for one or two customers won't happen

73

Peter g3RZP