[Amps] Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp,

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp,
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 18:59:32 -0700
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:49:04 -0700
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
VDD Supply

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:05:26 +0000, Manfred wrote:

>Is it clear now?

REPLY:

Ok, I finally get it. I guess I need more coffee in the morning.  :-)

So, how about simply putting a small capacitor in each probe lead? Say about
.001 uF or perhaps even smaller?  Haven't actually tried this but it should
isolate the DC enough, I'd think. Worth a try.

73, Bill W6WRT

##  Back in tech school... we would use a  hammond 120-120 vac isolation xfmr,
feed the 120 vac input of the scope.   Chassis of the scope floats.
End of problem....end of story.

Jim   VE7RF