Re: [Amps] 115 to 220 VAC

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 115 to 220 VAC
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 11:53:12 -0500
Paul,

Your example is a box with two 115vac plugs that need to be plugged into phase #1 and Phase #2 to "make" 230vac ..... something that would be hit-or-miss depending on the way the room was wired originally. Could be tough to find a room with two different phases on close-by outlets. Might need extension cords as part of the plan.

Don W4DNR

Quoting Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>:

Hi guys,
I'm traveling abroad to south America where the standard outlet power is going to be 115 VAC. I'm bringing an amp with a solid state smps rated from 190 - 240 VAC.

Is there a converter to use to go from 115 to 220 vac?

something like this or other options? Weight is a big consideration!
http://www.quick220.com/-A220-15D.html