Re: [Amps] Rubber Mats ( was Direct rectification of AC mains to drive t

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Rubber Mats ( was Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp, )
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 12:00:23 -0400
On 10/07/2013 11:06 AM, donroden@hiwaay.net wrote:

/*snip*/
I insulted it off the concrete floor with 1 foot wide rubber mats.

It neasured 30 ohms to AC power common.

> Turns out that there was enough carbon black in the rubber for it to be conductive.
/*snip*/

A friend asked me to test the vinyl jacket on common RG-8/U to see how good an insulator it is, because I have a Hi-Potter (to 45 kV) at work. I couldn't test it, it is way too leaky to test, obviously for the same reason.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.