Re: [Amps] Regulations

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Regulations
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 19:19:03 -0400
Is there a list of your results online somewhere?

Sherwood has a list of receivers.  It would be nice for
there to be an online list of transmitter specs as well.

Any chance you tested the Icom IC-7200?

Have you tested any of the old mobile tube rigs, e.g. Morrow,
Gonset, Pierson?

It just so happens that at 1345 UTC this Saturday, I'm giving a
presentation at the RSGB National Convention entitled 'Spreading the
Sewage' - we didn't think that 'Spreading the S**t' was quite
appropriate! I need to make sure that I have at least 2 if not 3
pints of beer available for refreshment during the 45 minutes -
although the other year, someone wrote to the RSGB General Manager
afterwards to complain about me drinking beer during the presentation
and livening it up with a dirty joke!

I have analysed the QST reviews of 123 transmitter/transceivers since
1973 for this, and the frightening thing is the way that while tube
rigs in general had negligible 7th, 9th, 11th order IMDs, the solid
state rigs do - and then some. Both the FTDX5000 and the FT1000D
running in Class A are good.........but, I gather get hot.

As they say in Yorkshire "Tha don't get owt fer nowt".

The results make me glad I still run a tube PA transceiver!

73

Peter G3RZP

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com