Re: [Amps] repair of older Command Tech VHF-2000 amp

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>, amps@contesting.com, Louis Parascondola <gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] repair of older Command Tech VHF-2000 amp
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:15:30 +0200
Carl,

I am not trying to be rude, but surely

>Teflon is very prone to cold flow as are some foam cables.
 Neither should be subjected to sharp bends and the manufacturers specs
 should be followed.

 RG-213/214 type dielectrics are much less prone to cold flow but are very
 susceptible to heat flow from the center conductor.

 Use of the correct cable and installation procedure for the job usually
 works.<

comes under the heading  of being 'f*&*^*g obvious' to anyone with any
competence who has been a round for more than a few weeks? Or, as we say, 'have
got the diaper marks off their backsides'.

Especially when cable manufacturers give minimum bend radii....

Or do you HAVE to be as old as we are to realise this?

73

Peter G3RZP