Re: [Amps] Keying Kenwood TL922 with Yaesu FT1000D (both old guys)

To: 'Behiels JeanPierre' <on4aef@telenet.be>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Keying Kenwood TL922 with Yaesu FT1000D (both old guys)
From: rejean leveille <va2am@videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 20:13:14 -0400
Hi Jean

The best way to found out if TL 922 was modified for low voltage keying is
by taking a voltage measurement at the rca key-in jack.
If you got +100 volts no, if yes it could be 12 or 24 v dc.
Now by looking at the FT1000 D manual the rear rca TX_Gd could be used but
first you need to active the internal radio relay if needed. Internal switch
S1002 must be ON. This relay can handle .5A/125v ac, 2A/30v.
The other option is to use the band data DIN connector, pin 2 TX_Gd & 3
ground. Now for this one we normally keep S1002 turned Off, you must check
what voltage and current this switching transistor could drive your relay
voltage and current. We normally use this one for very fast 1ms switching
like full break-in cw. Of course your TL922 needs vacuum relays or pin diode
to prevent hot switching. Any mechanical relay will be destroyed in a short
time like factory built TL 922.

73, Rejean va2am