[Amps] Yaesu FT-2000 "TX-INH" Spec?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Yaesu FT-2000 "TX-INH" Spec?
From: Bill Putney <billp@wwpc.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:46:22 -0800
Has anyone cracked this nut yet? I'm doing a mod to my Henry 2KD-4 to replace the open frame T-R relay with Gigavac relays. I'm using the SEQ-QSK sequencer to drive the relays. I want to use the "TX-INH" (transmit inhibit) line into my FT-2000 to keep it from sending power to the Henry while the relays are in motion.

The "TX-INH" line is on pin 8 of the "Band Data" plug on the FT-2000 and is intended for use with Yaesu's amps. Trouble is there isn't a spec for that line I can find. So I looked in the VL-1000 service manual to see what Yaesu does with it. Now I'm even more confused. The lead starts out life as an open collector pulled up to +13.8V with a 10K resistor on the "Main" board. It then goes on to a connector board where it is diode clamped to between +5 and 0 after a 1K resistor. I've seen other references online to it being +13V to inhibit transmit and 0 enable transmit. That seems at odds with it being clamped to the +5 and gnd rails in Yaesu's amp.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Bill - WB6RFW