Re: [Amps] Plate Choke question

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate Choke question
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 13:47:06 +0100
Presence of a glitch resistor is a 'given', Carl. I have one in the power
supply: it has to be effective since it's nichrome and we all know that
nichrome is the magic answer to all evils! An 80 ohm, 100 watt, 10 inch long,
1.5 inch diameter vitreous enamelled glitch resistor, complete with WW2 RAF
stores number stamped on the end cap.

So the resistor doesn't explode when there's an arc - the 40 gauge fuse wire
goes instead. As that it is suspended between two 6 inch long ribbed ceramic
stand offs 6 inches apart, there's not enough material to set up an arc path.

73

Peter G3RZP