[Amps] KM1H vs. W8JI

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] KM1H vs. W8JI
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:55:53 -0800
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:11:57 -0600
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
To: <amps@contesting.com>

### Carl has never designed nor built a 25 kw amp.
That’s the point. You are in for a rude awakening. This is where you find out
that vac caps
wont handle anywhere near their max current ratings. Multi –tech bandswitchs
are rated for
dc-60 hz and not RF freqs.  Tubing coils run hotter than you think. It just
goes on and on and on.
For me its just an engineering challenge for each section of the amp.
Designing and building
a 1.5 kw amp is so boring, it’s a waste of my time.  Its been done so many
times before,  its
passe.   How many versiuons  of a single 8877 can one possibly do ?    Besides,
the bigger tubes are
more cost effective than the smaller tubes.  A  3CX-3000A7 is the same $ or not
much more than a 8877.

Jim

My 25KW amp is better than your 25KW amp.

Doug