Re: [Amps] Meters for HB amps?

To: steve@nr4m.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Meters for HB amps?
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:53:19 -0500 (EST)
Steve, you might want to check _www.bocatechinc.com_
(http://www.bocatechinc.com)  for suitable meters. I  have used them with
excellent results.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/27/2013 9:29:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
steve@nr4m.com writes:

Hello  all,

Looking for analog meters f/u/w the current amp I am building, and  for
any in the future.  I have done quite a bit of searching on the  Internet
and really haven't found quite what I think I need.
A matching  pair of 1 ma movement meters is all I'm looking for.
The old standby  'Weston type' round meters are now considered 'antiques'
and come with  silly prices attached.  Surplus houses don't have anything
that will  quite do it for me, either.  Weird looking, wrong movement,
only one,  really tiny or VERY large, etc.
I can get some direct from China for $4,  but I can guess how that will
work out.
Meters for  commercial/industrial use are hundreds of dollars.

Should I really  expect to pay $50, and up, for a 'Modutec' style of meter?

I can't  imagine the market for reasonably priced meters has dried up
that much, or  costs have risen that much.

--
73 de Steve,  NR4M