Re: [Amps]  negative screen current

To: donroden@hiwaay.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps]  negative screen current
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 21:17:46 +0100
Were that to be so Don, then all screens would emit electrons, which we know is
not the case. There is a problem between 'electron current flow' and
'conventional current flow' here. Screens collect electrons generally. The more
electrons they gather, the greater the screen current measured with a meter
which has the + terminal connected to the supply. To get that meter to read
effectively backwards, electrons must be leaving the screen grid in greater
quantities than they are reaching it.

The question is "Why?" Thermionic emission could be countered by using a
sputtered layer of low work function material - as was done on the 6J4 grounded
grid triode with its close grid - cathode spacing, back in about 1944.

73 es HNY

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Dec 30 2013, 07:59 PM