Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:51:20 -0600
Are we looking at the same amp? It looks like my output loading cap in my
legal-limit amp, and it's never arced even into a high SWR.

The output loading capacitor only has to handle about 300 volts.

 As long as the plates are aligned end-to-end, it should work OK. Just look
through the plates at a light, and rotate it throughout its entire range.
Check for the plates not centered or almost touching.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com