Re: [Amps] Weird Tubes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Weird Tubes
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 19:54:56 -0500
On 1/30/2014 11:52 AM, Carl wrote:
One of my current AM amps uses a pair of WW2 radar 6C21's which is a
pulse rated 450TL that was run with a higher filament voltage in order
to get more emission and a short life.

I run them as a 450TL and the glow is sure nice.

Glow...I mentioned my 6C21 amp. I drove it with an HT37. Thing is, I forgot to turn the drive down so the first, and only transmission from that tube was with a 100 watts drive.

I don't know what I had for power, but vaporizing tungsten is real, really bright. It's a wonder my shadow wasn't burned into the basement wall. OK. maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm glad I wasn't looking directly at the anode. I'm glad I picked up a few good ones for $5 each. They seem to have gone up a bit.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Carl
KM1H