[Amps] Update on AL-1200 T/R Problem

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Update on AL-1200 T/R Problem
From: Ken Asmus <ken.asmus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 11:41:27 -0500
Thanks to all the replies with suggestions on how to clean the T/R relay.

I finally decided to pop the cover and take a stab at solving the issue (I
have been chasing FT5ZM a lot!).

I was a little perplexed to not be able to find an open frame relay for T/R
(there are 2 other relays associated with the soft start etc. on the power
supply side). I downloaded a schematic and found the following notation
next to RLY1 :

THIS RELAY IS AS SHOWN ON THE FACTORY SCHEMATIC.IT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A
NEWER RELAY BOARD. IT IS FUNCTIONALLY EQUIVALENT.

My AMP is a 2006 version and sure enough there is a relay board attached to
the divider plate near the ant in/out jacks.

So my next question - is there anything I can do to fix the T/R issue on
this board?  Or do I need to replace the entire board?

Thanks again,
Ken VA3KA