Re: [Amps] Umac 606

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Umac 606
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:27:47 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/13/2014 9:10 AM, Colin Lamb wrote:
Has anyone made an amplifier using the Umac 606?

Looks like an interesting and practical tube.  Data at:

http://www.tubecollectors.org/archives/606.pdf

73,  Colin  K7FM

REPLY:

Yes, actually that was my first amplifier before I knew better. I used the later version, known as the 666 for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately it absorbed RF instead of generating it, but I am still using it as a dummy load today. Because of the absorption issue, it requires heating instead of cooling, and the grid, instead of leaking, actually sucks.

Ah, the good 'ol days, especially April 1st.

73, Bill W6WRT