Re: [Amps] 100+100uF 500VDC MLytic Dual High Voltage Capacitor?

To: g8on@fsmail.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] 100+100uF 500VDC MLytic Dual High Voltage Capacitor?
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:50:53 +0800
Whoa! Look at the price!

Who could afford them? Not me, that's for sure.

Alek
VK6APK

On 15/02/2014 4:13 PM, peter chadwick wrote:
Are these suitable for Ham amp power supplies?<
Not if those ripple current ratings are correct.

73

Peter G3RZP

  Message Received: Feb 15 2014, 02:59 AM
  From: "Carl"<km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
  To: qrv@kd4e.com, amps@contesting.com

  Unknown what their ripple current rating is but since those are made for
  audiophools Id give them a wide berth. The Dentron board is not drilled for
  that lead pattern either which means a lot of drilling, jumpering and
  securing.

  Just get the full PS replacement kit from Harbach and do it right David or
  I'll start calling you Dave (-;

  Carl
  KM1H