Re: [Amps] More on Toroidal Tank Circuit Issues

To: "Dan Hearn" <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] More on Toroidal Tank Circuit Issues
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 16:46:12 -0700
Both leads are shored by the band switch when on 10 meters guys. Interesting
that 3 of you came up with the same possibility...

Not sure where to put the capacitor if both leads are shorted together.
Perhaps I could center tap the toroid (bare the Teflon wire) and solder a cap
from the center tap to one of the output leads.

I removed the toroid and the major heat in the 3 turns of wire is where the
winding is within 1/4 inch of the vacuum loading cap. Which is probably to
close.
See:
http://s900.photobucket.com/user/w7ry/media/8877%20Amplifier/P1010217.jpg.html?sort=3&o=16

I was simply going to move it away from the loading cap and see what happens. I
was also thinking of install a wire coil. I have a ceramic coil form that would
work. 30 turns, 2”dia 3.5” long which is 20uH. I have room to mount this.

Thanks all!
73
Jim W7RY