Re: [Amps] 50 V high current power supplies

To: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>, "david.kirkby@onetel.net" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 50 V high current power supplies
From: Benedikt Sveinsson <benedikt@ok.is>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:25:00 +0000
Hi

I actually work for HP in Iceland, got 4 of those from decommissioned
blade cluster.

I took one a part and remounted inside a better enclosure. (4x high speed
fan¹s inside)

Work fine - they are made originally by Emerson/Astec and have the part
number HPS3KW

Here are some links

http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/hps3kw.pdf  (shows how to enable the
output)

I did play around with the I2C interface of the power supply and managed
to read what is available and was dissapointed by the result, I only
managed to read the temperature / fan status and input line voltage. I did
not manage to read current usage / output voltage - so I used a external
probe for that.

I have the i2c protocol for the model if needed.

73, Benni TF3CY