[Amps] L4-B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] L4-B
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:40:53 -0700
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
To: amps@contesting.com
Also, Kapton(tm) aka polyimide tape will work FB.
It works well at high temperature and high voltage.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

##  I agree.  Kapton..aka..polyimide is used in one helluva lot of
xfmrs by power companies, etc..and a lot of those have xfmr oil
in em...running at high temps.   They don’t blow up....so the military
applications etc....and on aircraft must be a one off failure anomoly.

##  I bought a lot of 10 ga polyimide magnet wire from SSON years ago,
also got it in 8 ga.   rated at 15 kv.    So 30 kv  from turn to turn.

##  Polyimide is also used..I think..for winding torroids.

##  Bottom line is u wont have any problems using it with ham HV gear.
##  On the L4B  power supply, just be careful.   The big bleeders can be tossed
in the
trash..and the  50 ohm, 50 watt glitch can be installed in the RF
deck...directly to the
miillen  HV connector.    No tape used.

Jim  VE7RF