Re: [Amps] Clipperton L

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clipperton L
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 18:06:42 -0700
On 4/7/2014 6:31 PM, n8de@thepoint.net wrote:
Failure of component/s in power supply.
73
Don
N8DE

Quoting Maynard Anderson <aa9zf@yahoo.com>:

Hello:
Today when I turned on my Clipperton L  This happened / amp power up
 makes loud hum relay clicks rapidly blows fuse / amp is wired for
120 v.  and has 4 chinese 572 B's.  It has been in use daily
providing 1000 Watts with 60 to 75 Watts Drive.
Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks 73
Maynard  AA9ZF

HI Maynard

You can take the tubes out and then turn it on and see if it still blows the fuse. If so, it's the power supply as Don said. Be sure you know what you're doing when you take the tubes out!

Unplug the amp and wait about 30 minutes and then discharge the caps to make sure it's dead. 73
Tom W7WHY