[Amps] 3KW HP Supply Question

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3KW HP Supply Question
From: "Keith Densmore" <ve3gem@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:29:41 -0400
Greetings,
I recently bought one of the cheap surplus ESP120 50 Volt HP supplies off ebay (3000 Watt). It works ok but the front panel switch does not turn off the supply, it does not appear to do anything. With power to the supply, the fans always run, and the supply is switched on by shorting three pins at the back. Before I try replacing the switch, can someone tell me exactly what that switch is supposed to do?
Thanks, 73,
Keith ve3ts

---
is active.