[Amps] damping resistances

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] damping resistances
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 15:17:16 -0500
Quoting John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>:
In cavity circuits, we can use damping resistances instead of parasitic suppressors

I installed an RCA 20KW FM transmitter in 1976 that included a couple of
ceramic insulators that supported a 50 ohm /100 watt film resistor in the cavity. There were brass dipole elements on each end of the resistor.

I looked on the schematic to see which wires connected to the resistor.....
I couldn't even find the resistor on the schematic.

There was a brief mention of the resistor and it's function in the instruction manual.

Don R  W4DNR