Re: [Amps] Harris RF-110A Question

To: Keith Densmore <ve3gem@gmail.com>, "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Harris RF-110A Question
From: Robert Groh <rgroh@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 13:15:04 -0700
I think they used the pair for at least 2 reasons:
1.  Plate dissipation (of course)
2.  Lower Rp for easier broad banding.

Bob Groh, WA2CKY

On Monday, August 4, 2014 9:57 AM, Keith Densmore <ve3gem@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings All,
I just made a deal on one of these amps. Wanted one for a long time.
I see they run parrellel 4CX1500's but the total output power is still less
than one tube can do. I believe they do this for redundancy ie if one tube
fails it will still work.
So my question is, if you remove one of the tubes will the amp still work
properly? Amateur service, light duty. I can see the advantage, you save 400
watts in idle current alone by removing the second tube but is there a
downside?

Thanks,
Keith ve3ts

---