Re: [Amps] Solid State Amps (or rather the NCL-2000...)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid State Amps (or rather the NCL-2000...)
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:34:05 +0000
Carl,

> You can also run it in the CW position for 3dB less heat (-;

I do that, whenever I use any mode that doesn't require envelope linearity!

As I set the bias, it's class AB1, pretty close to B, in SSB position, and deep into class C in CW position. With the manual-recommended bias setting, instead, it's class AB1 closer to class A in SSB position, and pretty close to exact class B in the CW position.

Works well, but the blower is too noisy!

Manfred