Re: [Amps] Reducing heat in tetrode amps with EBS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Reducing heat in tetrode amps with EBS
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:49:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
"How much heat/electricity  are you saving as a % of total Amp usage ?"

The savings in dollars may be zero - just like the curly fry light bulbs (in
the winter).  Much of my operating is in the winter and my ham shack and house
need heat.  So, if I make my amplifier more efficient, my ham shack will be
cooler and I will need to kick the floor heater on.  Net saving is thus zero.

Efficiency is more important if you are operating in the summer or closer to
the equater.

Now if I could just heat the cathodes of the big jugs with firewood, that could
represent real savings.

73,  Colin  K7FM