[Amps] AL80B power meter not working

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] AL80B power meter not working
From: John DiLorenzo <john.dilorenzo33@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 23:42:27 -0500
I bought an AL80B used and meter 1 doesn't show any forward power either in
standby or operate. The multi-function meter will indicate HV and ALC SET,
but no reflected power either. Trying to measure the coupler detector
components in-circuit doesn't give me anything useful, but since the meter
shows HV and ALC SET, I'm suspicious that there is a -12V issue; the
forward and reflected power meter circuits include BJTs that have the
collectors tied to -12V. I think I'll have to tack some wires onto the
-12V, and the forward sample point on R122 on the Power Supply board. Can
anyone tell me what voltage I should see at the junction of R122 and R125
for 100W CW?

Thanks in advance,
John, K8DIL