[Amps] AL-82

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-82
From: "Bill and Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 11:06:12 -0500
After I purchased my AL-82 I discovered that someone had replaced the original
parasitic suppressors with the nichrome wire/3 resistors per unit type.  I have
had no problems but the resistors become VERY hot at even 400W on 10M and have
started falling apart.  At powers higher than 400W I actually smell them!

Was there anything wrong with the original suppressors or did someone just get
carried away and replace them because it seemed the “in” thing to do?  I am
thinking of making a set of “originals” and installing them so I can
occasionally operate 10M without fear of having those resistors burn out.

Bill VE3NH