[Amps] Power from a pair of 4CX150/4CX250 tubes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Power from a pair of 4CX150/4CX250 tubes
From: Donald Fox via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 20:04:01 -0800
In the 80's, I ran a homebrew (not by me) pair of 4CX250 tubes on 6. As Carl
says, screen and bias regulation were important. Using good old VR tubes for
screen regulation, I believe it ran 300 volts.
In grounded cathode with a watt or two routed to the grids, I was seeing
500-600 watts out with an SB-200 plate xformer as the power supply.
This was back when the 8873, 74, 75 series of tubes was not that expensive, but
still more than my high school budget could afford.
I was honored to have gotten the amp after my good friend Clint Frickman WA8BBR
became an SK.

Don N8ECH