Re: [Amps] ARD 230A

To: luca <ik5tsw@virgilio.it>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ARD 230A
From: George <george@k4gvt.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:24:17 -0500
Hello Luca, I had a ARD 230A, sold it a year or two ago. From my experience I found the circuit board connectors had small pads and traces. Consequently the circuit traces at the connections brake during shipment and vibration and need to be resoldered, and or wires added to correct the brake. I found this on the main control board as well as the input relay switching board located in the RF cage on the bottom side of the tubes. Also had this same relay board fall of the push on standoffs during shipment. There were many brakes around the relays from vibration. Once I corrected these issues the amp was awesome, I kind of wish I didn't sell it. One thing you might want to do it reprogram the EEPROM, it's at or beyond the limit for data retention time. I saved the HEX file it you need a refresh, let me know. Good luck with the amp, it's really awesome.

73,
George, K4GVT