[Amps] amp reading

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] amp reading
From: ki7m@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 23:17:00 +0000 (UTC)
This discussion of single and multi-tube amps has been interesting. I learned a
whole lot by finding www.somis.org (AG6K Richard Measures site including kits
for suppressors on various amps) and www.w8ji.com Charles T. Rauch Jr. sites
(what a station!). I put one of Rich's suppressor kits in my Dentron MLA-2500
"basket case" amp trying to improve it. I'm not proud of my 'construction'
technique (read the whole instructions before starting) but I'm sure it helped.
One of the things I wonder about is how you add a resistor to the filament lead
since it seems it is going to have to be about 0.2/0.4 ohms or so at high
current. Maybe a wire but that can add inductance so I was never clear on that.
I suspect my Dentron could use that mod but I haven't done it yet.

Terry
KI7M