Re: [Amps] Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters

To: Gary@ka1j.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters
From: Radio WC6W via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 08:58:47 -0800
Hi Gary,
    You may wish to review a posting I made here a decade ago:

http://lists.contesting.com/_amps/2005-02/msg00325.html

73 & Good morning,
   Marv WC6W

http://qsl.net/wc6w/

 To: Amps@contesting.com
 Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:43 PM

 I have two Astron power supplies; a
 VS-35M & a RS-35M. The RS-35M has
 stopped working & I have to track down that issue. While
 I'm in
 there, are there any known mods I should do to either of
 these?
 Sounds like I should remove the paint under the lug and
 attach the
 green wire properly to the chassis.

 Anything else that's suggested?

 An aside, the lamps in these meters are terrible, both of
 these
 supplies are fairly new and all four of the  meter
 lamps are dead and
 absolute buggers to get at. Several calls to the company
 were met
 with indifference and no replacement lamps.

 If there's known mods, I'm always keen on upgrading my
 station.

 73,
 Gary
 KA1J