Re: [Amps] Variac Question

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Variac Question
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 18:35:23 -0600
10 amps is pretty marginal, yes. But he might just get away with it,
provided he doesn't use a continuous-duty mode like RTTY. That 10 amp
rating is for CCS, not ICAS.

My HV Variac (a Staco type 1250) in my legal-limit amp is only rated for
(IIRC) 12.5 amps, and it doesn't overheat.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com