Re: [Amps] [Bulk] Re: Pride DX-300

To: George <at6c@bellsouth.net>, "donroden@hiwaay.net" <donroden@hiwaay.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Bulk] Re: Pride DX-300
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:29:19 +0000
   Last year at Dayton I had a very large homebrew amplifier for sell. Tubes
not included.
It was built in the 60's with very heavy iron transformers, choke input filter,
very large variac in
a short rack.
  These guys came by and looked inside and asked if it used a pair of "Zs". I
assume he meant
a pair of 3-500Z tubes. It seemed to me these were guys I did  not want to sell
it to.  Gave them a
very high price and they walked away. Later I sold it to a young ham that was
with his Elmer and
a pickup truck. It was not going back home.
  The sad thing is I injured my back helping the guys put the over 300lb beast
into the pickup.
  I need to get rid of a lot of heavy transformers and chokes some time.
73
Bill wa4lav