[Amps] high drive/low output QRO HF-2500

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] high drive/low output QRO HF-2500
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 23:22:10 +0000
Hello all,

Took a QRO HF-2500 out of storage and put it on my 40 meter mult station.

Tuned by the book (because I never can remember how to tune this thing without the book...) and the output is low at about 1050 watts. This is with about 90 watts of drive. When last used it was used on 15 only, but always got plenty of power out. Efficiency looks fine at about 62% (700ma @ 2400 volts)

As I recall, this amp used to drive full output with 35, or so, watts.

Power doesn't drift, and tunes up easy. It's just acting more like an SB-220 than the amp it is.

Plate and load cap settings appear correct per the manual.

Ideas?

73 de Steve, NR4M