Re: [Amps] No grid current meter on FL-2100B?

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] No grid current meter on FL-2100B?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:45:10 -0600
Hi Jim,

I appreciate your thoughts, and I just finished sharing them with the ham
on 40m. He concurred with you about the SWR meter!

I just e-mailed him W8JI's web page on metering amplifiers (he only has
e-mail, no web access). As long as the SWR meter's full-scale current is
low enough, I'm almost certain this can be done.

He wants to directly ground the grid for DC. At this point we need to come
up with a bias supply circuit, preferably adjustable. Zeners in series with
the cathodes are a last resort, since they generate and waste so much heat.
Maybe a pass transistor.

Thanks again to everyone else who replied. And we're still open for
suggestions.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com