[Amps] VHF amps available

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] VHF amps available
From: George <george@k4gvt.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:11:38 -0500
Folks, I have three high power VHF amplifiers for sale. Each uses four MRF-175GV, I have tested them to 500 watts output with on 22 watts input. These are designed to operate class AB and C from 140 to 150MHz commercial use, each is mounted on a 3/8 inch aluminum plate, so mounting this to a heatsink is easy. Originally they were made for key-down 24/7 operation combining outputs for high power commercial communications applications, however not ISM since the are AB. They were designed for 28v operation, but work very well at 24-25 VDC. I powered them using two EVGA 80plus gold computer power supplies with the 12VDC outputs in series achieving about 25VDC . The T/R switching will need to be added and of course adequate cooling. Please check the link provided, if there is no interest in about a week, I plan to put them on Ebay. Asking $350 each.

http://www.k4gvt.com/ebay/VHFamp//VHFamps.htm

73,
George, K4GVT