[Amps] AL-1200 Glitch Resistor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-1200 Glitch Resistor
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 08:25:50 -0400
I'm working on an AL-1200 for a friend. While finding the problem in the PS, I noticed that a glitch resistor is absent in the design that would otherwise limit HV fault current. I verified this on both the schematic and by tracing actual amp wiring. I was expecting a resistor (e.g., 50/50W) in the B- lead, or in the alternative, in the B+ lead with appropriate isolation. While the 3CX1200 may be statistically immune to flashover, it seems a good idea to include one to ensure that HV fault current is limited under all conditions.

Has anyone here added one to their AL-1200?

Paul, W9AC