Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 19:01:50 -0400

To be blunt ... in the 1950's and 1960's power limits were based
on *input* power not output power.  Input power is quite easily
and accurately measured as V * I to the final amplifier tube.

The citations (and suspensions) of the 50's and 60's were based on
V * I measurements.  In one case the Administrative Law Judge took
pains to point out that the violation was documented by the licensee's
own meters.  Take some time to read the citations ...

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV