[Amps] Power meter, New York FCC

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Power meter, New York FCC
From: Ed Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 21:25:08 -0500
As I recall as a young pup, there was a legendary Radio Inspector in New York in the 50s and 60s. No names but had an FCC license with a vanity type call. VERY unusual in those days. Later on there was an investigation and he went to the happy hunting ground. In any event he took great delight in "picking fly s**t out of the pepper, 24 citations at a single small FM station for example. I have no doubt at all that Bill is
correct in his recollection of events regarding power.

This guy was a complete nut job. One station we kept logs in 24 hour time, though the "clock on the wall" was 12 hour. This was a big deal until the chief extended his wrist
with a 24 hour watch ...

This guy needed another life. The rest of the RI's were regular guys, you could call them
for help without fear of retribution. But we all stayed way from this guy.

73!

ed K0KL