Re: [Amps] Real danger to use the ORANGE button

To: "K6YE - TOMMY" <k6ye@q.com>, "Charles Henry" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Real danger to use the ORANGE button
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 01:24:53 -0500
As far as I know, the older MP1K's output problems with class A are not represented in the 5K series. Is there data proving the case otherwise?

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: K6YE - TOMMY
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2015 11:41 PM
To: Charles Henry ; amps@contesting.com

Charles, ET AL,

I have run my FTDX-5000MP into an Alpha 91-B, at 35 watts, using Class A for years with no problems. Am I missing something or is the problem confined to 76PA amps.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES