Re: [Amps] Yaesu Orange Button

Subject: Re: [Amps] Yaesu Orange Button
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 06:51:25 +0800
On the FT-1000MP MKV, the button is not orange and power is internally limited to 75 Watts.

However, as Charly said, you must NEVER use less than 75 Watts, as the MKV cooling system is p1ss poor and the finals WILL burn up. I found out the hard way and thankfully, I was able to source some "real" replacements and the radio was able to be repaired. I think they are BLF147 or something like that.

Anyway, take care, cos they are very hard to find. You can get the re-badged Chinese reconditioned version easily but genuine ones are very hard to find.

73, Alek. VK6APK