Re: [Amps] Strange behavior (at least to me - APPARENT SUCCESS! -

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Strange behavior (at least to me - APPARENT SUCCESS! -
From: Steve NR4M <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 14:44:35 -0400
Hello all,

WPX is over so Mike, K4GMH and I, dug back into the amp.

We discussed the various suggestions and decided that the one to try first was shorting out the vacuum relay to parallel any bad contacts.

That seemed to take care of the problem, as we went between xmit and receive 10 times with no strange behavior noted. Before, you MIGHT get two cycles before it screwed up, so that looks like success to me.

Because Gerald submitted the correct fix, he 'wins' the bad relay, and as a special bonus, he gets a 4cx800 that has an open filament. Congrats!

Seriously, thanks for all the suggestion.

73 de Steve, NR4M