[Amps] Emtron DX3

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Emtron DX3
From: doug ferguson <thenewt@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 06:50:19 -0700
Does anyone know of someone in the Pacific Northwest who can repair Emtron
Amplifiers.
I have a DX3 where the Plate Current intermittently goes full scale. It usually
does it either momentarily
or for a couple seconds, usually only after fully warmed up.   I've been in
touch with the
guys in Australia and they have given me lots of things to look at but my
expertise is limited.  I've
kind of concluded it's either a loose connection or possibly a bad tube because
when it goes
into this condition, just light tapping on the case will bring it on.  When
it's not doing it, I get full
output and everything seems fine.  I've checked for a loose wire in the bias
circuit but seems
OK.  The Bias reading is low and can't get a pre-bias reading.  I have a spare
tube and control
board but changing them out is beyond me.
This thing is a beast and don't want to ship but will drive it anywhere in the
Northwest.
Thanks, Doug - N7NM