[Amps] ITT Schadow - push button caps for SSB/CW switches - may work for

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] ITT Schadow - push button caps for SSB/CW switches - may work for Alpha 76/78 series
From: David Feldman via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 07:12:32 -0700
Long ago I bought an Alpha 76 series carcass that had among other problems most
of the pushbutton switch caps missing, damaged, or glued back into place. In
searching for replacement (ITT Schadow) parts, I found parts were mostly
unobtainium, in particular the larger switch caps that go with the CW and SSB
buttons were nowhere to be found. I saw on ebay auction site that a switch
assembly with what appears to be this same push button switch cap. The item
number is 321873643622, the seller appears to focus more on audio gear, and the
listing includes "schadow" in the desription. I don't know if this is useful to
anyone; I posted similar to the alpha reflector on yahoo but that reflector
appears to have gone to all-spam-all-the-time so I doubt it was seen. No
guarantee that these parts are useful to the Alpha amps I mentioned, but given
the absence of other sources, perhaps this is useful to someone with a
similarly damaged amplifier.