Re: [Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP

To: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP
From: Charles H <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 01:24:20 +0000
I heard of rich hams but never seen one so profligate about it.  Charly

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:57:46 -0700
From: dickw1ksz@gmail.com
To: k4vud@hotmail.com
CC: amps@contesting.com

To paraphrase an old joke ...

If it burns up, it burns up.
I'll just buy another radio.

No problem ...

73, Dick, W1KSZ

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Charles H <k4vud@hotmail.com> wrote:

I do not know anything except that when I ran my Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark 5 at 40
watts to drive my tube amplifier in Class A, I burned up that radio so well
that two other very smart men could not fix it, including Yaesu London.

That orange button is not something to be touched.    73, Charly

P.S., the defenders will arrive on schedule, but I say, why risk it?   The
Elecraft Lovers Club started this hurrange about transmitter purity.  In fact I
read the very first message of what has spread like psoriasis where a ham
demanded in one post that anyone not running a K3 should have their contest
scores reduced.  No kidding.