[Amps] sb200 fan question...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] sb200 fan question...
From: jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:08:05 -0800
I have acquired a nicely refurbished SB200 and all works fine.  The  original
fan has been replaced with and FM200 Harbach and the noise (partly mechanical
and partly rushing air) is driving me nutz.  I’m using it only on CW, but
mostly I listen. Is there good reason to keep the fan going over long periods
of listening?  I was thinking to key up the fan only during TX, or if things
must be cooled while the tubes are in cutoff, reducing the fan speed during RX.

Any advice appreciated!
Thanks,
jerome - va7vv / ve7ass